1. Alright ya'll, guess what! I went to a pro-life event for a Pregnancy Clinic in my town last night and check out who I met:
I died a lil. I told my husband that I was going to tell her who I was and that she would probably politely nod and be like "Oh yeah!" but not really know who I was. Well either she's damn good at politely nodding or she actually knew who I was! We exchanged numbers, and now Steven actually believes that I do stuff on the internet that is productive. Win-win!
2. In not as fun news we got another foot of snow this week. Yup. Fortunately though that meant I got two more snow days so I'll take it. It didn't hurt that it was a BEAUTIFUL snow, truly one of the most gorgeous snows I've ever seen. And to top it off it was the perfect packing snow. Steven and I threw snowballs for a bit and then hung our head in shame as our 10 year old neighbor showed us up with this:
|It had lights on top too!|
3. The other good thing about the snow days was it got me out of 3 days on the busiest part of the current service I'm on, Psych. It also got me out of 3 days of Psych which I'll always gladly take. I definitely don't want to do Psych and to tell the truth it scares me, a lot. I've seen one too many scary movies in my life, obv.
4. On a totally different note, we're all sedevanctists now. I didn't even know until the other day that that was a word and that people already thought they were sedevacantists. Crazy, right? The things I've learned about the papacy in the past few weeks, it's ridiculous. That's one of the coolest thing about all of this, that we all have such an opportunity to evangelize. That is, if we're able to keep our cool and speak eloquently which I'm not so good at. Yesterday I overheard tons of patienta talking about it and even caught a few glimpses of the cover on the news. I wasn't able to add anything nice or appropriate so I did a lot of silent praying for them yesterday. I know, I suck.
5. That's my optimistic side of this whole abdication thing. Yeah the thing that ended in "I know, I suck." was supposed to be optimistic. Last night was pretty rough though as I looked through the coverage of it all. I didn't think I'd be as upset as I was but my heart is heavy. I am thankful to the pope that he recognizes his own abilities and weaknesses but I'm sad that he is in this state. And now I'm crying.
He's a lab mix and was set to be killed today for no other reason than being there too long. I'm so excited to get him in our house, clean him up, and love him. I know he's going to get snatched up in a second because that is the most adorable face ever. I admittedly may be a bit biased as he's the spitting image of Jacker.
7. Friday Funny: If you haven't seen the video, you need to. They cuss, a lot. Consider yourself forewarned.