1. I was watching TV the other day and on this CSI type show they were remarking about a dead person's recent search history. My God, I can only imagine the comments one could make if they went through my search history after I died. You would not believe how many times I've searched things like 'treatment of chlamydia," "safe and lethal dose of haldol," "jenkem," "different methods of injecting herion," and more all because of medical school. How embarrassing that would be and would probably make for quite the scandal when my cause for canonization opened. ;-)
2. Speaking of things medical school, ya know what I can't stand? When people use overly technical medical terms in non-medical situations. If you have gallstones, they're gallstones. It's not cholelithiasis unless your attending pimps you on it. It's not diphenhydramine, it's Benadryl, and the old lady done stairs got a boob job not mammopexy. It's always d-bags like me (med students trying to prove their knowledge) that are the worst offenders. I apologize on behalf of myself when I've slipped and behalf of all the other silly med students out there. We're very annoying.
3. Anywho, off the peeves topic. Did you all see the fantastic guest post Mandi wrote for the blog about contraception failure? Here's a snippet:
"It puts unfair blame on women when they are only half of the party responsible for the pregnancy (as of yet, I have not heard of an accidental pregnancy in which a man was not involved). Rarely is a man blamed for method failure, although I suppose it’s possible that some people might think, 'He must have put the condom on incorrectly.'"
Now I know you're dying to read the rest so go check it out here.
5. Did you ever read any Lurlene McDaniel books when you were a kid? For some reason in my school, they were all the rage. I've read dozens of them and cried at the end of every book that sadistic women has written. So if you're childhood was scarred as mine was by Lurlene please enjoy this. (Thanks to Stacy for finding it.)
6. Since these have been kind of downer posts I should probably end with a high note: I'm going to a conference tonight and all Saturday that Christopher West is speaking out. In fact they have a meet and greet with him tomorrow. On a scale of 1-Lurlene McDaniel how creepy is it for me to bring multiple books for him to sign? Is that too much? Maybe just one book? Maybe I'll bring them all and see where the night takes me. Anyways, I'm excited for the weekend and can't wait to recap it for ya'll. :)
7. Friday Funny: This is why I don't eat healthy food.