Thanks to Jen for hosting 7qt!
1. Fergus is likely to be adopted tomorrow. We're sad but we were given a few days notice which I think has made it considerably easier. We get to say goodbye and get some closure ( but m still going to cry like a baby.) I am happy to know that he's potential family has 2 kids and the mom is a stay at home mom that should be a really Good fit for him.
2. Yesterday we had a meeting about 4th year. Basically one of our deans sat us all down and scared the shit out of us. W talked about deadlines and electives, and residency applications, and everything that has scared me since I applied to medical school.
3. But at least she ended with a happy note. Graduation is on May 18, 2014. 492 days away!!! Can you believe that? Yeah. None of us could either.
4. I finally got myself a pair of Sperry's and I feel like I should be arrested due to foot neglect now. They are so comfortable, even more so than my $150 pair of Danskos and only cost $45. If you don't own them I suggest you stop reading this (really the next three takes aren't so hot) and go check them out.
5. Aside from new shoes and scary medical school stuff I also got to enjoy a GI bug that has been going around the hospital lately. I know, you're jealous. The last time I called in sick to a job/school was my senior year of high school. I just don't get sick. Because of that fun lil fact, Steven has never seen me genuinely sick before (even though we've been together for five years now). He was clueless but sweet. He made me soup and kept the dogs out of my way and all was better again in 24 hours and think he left the situation more scarred than I did. Here's hoping labor and delivery won't scar him (too much) more.
6. So on a way more exciting topic than GI bugs, but still not enjoyable topic: I fell down the stairs this morning. I have never felt like such an old lady! I conked my head and ass on the stairs and slid down the 4 that were left. I cried (mostly from my injured dignity) and laid there in pity for a bit before moseying into the kitchen for my apparently important enough to run dow thestairs for coffee. Seriously I think for Valentine's Day Steven is getting me a Life Alert.
7. Friday Funny: