Friday, June 29, 2012

7 Quick Takes #42

\

Before we get started, go to Bonnie's page and share in her celebration! Archbishop Fulton Sheen was declared venerable yesterday!! If you don't know why those two things correlate (for shame!!) go read this. I'll wait...

Amazing, right? 


--- 1 ---
I'm starting my 4th day of surgery. So far I have messed up too horridly and have gotten fairly lucky with the time commitment. I've been home at the latest 5ish everyday and I've had friends who got their at 6am and didn't get home until 11pm. I'll take my 5am-5pm and shut up.
--- 2 ---
I will complain however about my sore feet. Who knew standing all day would kill your feet? Oh my gosh it's awful. I bought the fugliest shoes ever some Danskos to help and so far they haven't done too much to help. Who knows though? They may be saving me from even more pain.
Aren't they beautiful?


--- 3 ---
In totally unrelated news, I had a huge NFP assignment due this week. I turned it in on Tuesday and so far haven't heard back from a screaming or disappointed editor. That may be due to the fact that he's frantically trying to salvage something from the 3000 word hot mess I sent him. Time will tell.
--- 4 ---
In way more exciting news, guess what is finally launched? Marc Barnes (AKS Bad Catholic)'s new super secret project. It's called 1flesh and it is fabulous. It is a lot like iuseNFP, against the pill, for NFP, calling for better education on sexual morality, etc. Plus they have these awesome graphics (below) that need to go all of Facebook and the Twitter, stat. So go check them out and share like crazy team!
This one is my favorite and I've been waiting to share it with you
for what felt like eternity, probably a few weeks in reality.
--- 5 ---
So as I was sitting her typing this (at 615am) I was called by my resident and told not to come him. This is his last weekend before switching to a different service and his parents flew in to see him ergo I get the day and weekend off. Booyah! My sore feet can heal!
--- 6 ---
Well since I have this free day (kind of, I have lectures at 2pm) I think I'm going to get busy playing Bejeweled dicking around of Pinterest cleaning trying to get some cleaning done. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday.
--- 7 ---
Friday Funny: Must start carrying chalk.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

10 comments:

  1. My OB always wears those shoes. She says that they have saved her on long days. And that graphic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend who is a nurse wears those shoes and said they really do help.

    And I effing HATE when people park like that. I will be stealing a piece of Joe's sidewalk chalk and plan on doing this sometime! Asshats....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 1flesh! Thanks for the heads up :) Also, since I am fairly new to this neck of the internet, do you have a post to point me to that tells why you started this site. I am just interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just clicked on your graphic to go to 1flesh.org and can I say how much I LOVE the "REVOLT" play at the top? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @paige: ditto: I wish Marc had a ~10+-years-older brother with the same snark. Sigh!

    Good luck with the shoes! I wear crocs for teaching on my feet all day; not ugly crocs, but the kind that look like cute ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @paige: ditto: I wish Marc had a ~10+-years-older brother with the same snark. Sigh!

    Good luck with the shoes! I wear crocs for teaching on my feet all day; not ugly crocs, but the kind that look like cute ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @paige: ditto: I wish Marc had a ~10+-years-older brother with the same snark. Sigh!

    Good luck with the shoes! I wear crocs for teaching on my feet all day; not ugly crocs, but the kind that look like cute ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in nursing school I heard so much about Danskos I figured that had to be the way to go. But they were expensive, so a classmate actually let me "test drive" hers for a day during clinical. They just didn't do it for me. I think it really depends on your foot. I have really "thin" feet through which I feel everything, I think more than would be normal. The shoes I found worked best for me were Klogs. Not really better in the fashion department, but super padded. I would not get white unless you wear a lot of white because they can quickly turn to more of an almond color. And I recommend the clog style rather than the enclosed shoe because it allows a bit more breathe-ability for your feet since they are a synthetic and can make 'em STANK. Make sure you're wearing support hose too for all that time on your feet--it really is important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments so if you've got something to add please don't hesitate. Also, I don't require that you agree with me but I would appreciate if you're nice. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...