Friday, June 15, 2012

7 Quick Takes #40



Before we get started I have a prayer request. You guys know Dwij right? She's nice. She's funny. She's super pregnant. Anyways we're all very ready for #babyunseen to make her grand appearance and seeing as today is Friday and that's prime baby having time for Dwija would you all mind sending some prayers her way? Thanks!

--- 1 ---


Good things are happening! Paige came up with the fabulous idea of making #iuseNFP some-ecards. I made the one above and put it on our Facebook (which you can like from right here on my blog in case you haven't already, see the top right of this page for that) and it spread like wildfire! Paige has been making more and I've been too distracted with stupid tests to see them all. Check her out to make sure you haven't missed any!

Also, if you have any snarky/witty ideas for some cards let me know! I'd be happy to make them (and credit your genius, of course!)
--- 2 ---

Speaking of stupid tests: I took mine yesterday. 8 hours, 7 blocks, 322 questions and I'm done. Seriously, I'm done. My brain peaced out exactly 1 second after I clicked submit. Then when I turned my phone back on (They made me turn it off. It hasn't been off since I got it 2 years ago, it was awful.) I saw all of the amazing support #cathsorority and #cathmen had been sending my way while I was in there. I cannot believe it! You all are great. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes! You have no idea how much they mean to me!

Just a very small example of the love sent my way.

--- 3 ---

On a totally different note, my mom got the iPhone 4S. She updated from her 3GS because she wanted to have Siri, plus now we can Facetime. This is going to be so handy when I start clinicals because I get horrid reception in the hospital but have great wifi. Also, now I can see my grandparents more or maybe even give them a virtual tour of my home (since they haven't been able to see it.) So excited!

--- 4 ---

I got my awesome birthday gift from my mom this week: a Keurig, a pack of coffee, and a reusable filter. The little yellow thing on the right side is the reusable filter and it's the only reason I decided to jump on the Keurig bandwagon. With that filter you can put whatever coffee you want in it and makes it so much freaking cheaper. I can still buy my cheapo coffee instead of the outrageously priced K-cups. Yay!



--- 5 ---

I got to hang out with one of my best friends last night and it was fabulous. I hadn't seen him in months and we got to talk about real things (Catholic stuff, dogs, and why people think it's ok to treat waiters like they're subhuman). Plus he's a fabulous writer and I may just be sweet talking him into writing something for my blog (maybe about NFP, maybe about modesty and bikinis, it's still up in the air. Either way get excited, he's a fabulous writer.)

--- 6 ---

I have my first #cathsorority date this weekend. I haven't been on a first date in 4 and a half years, I'm so nervous! Maggie, Michelle, and I are meeting up and we're going to eat some fried chicken and have a hell of a good time! I am so excited to finally meet them. So sorry my boards schedule pushed it back so much. :)

--- 7 ---
Friday Funny: In honor of my fellow anti-campers!

Am I right?

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the Keurig!!!!!!!!

    It is one of my besties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your test is over! It isn't one of those whre you click submit and instantly get the result, is it? I hate those! You should at least get a few days off after working I hard to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you to have exams over! Love both e-cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your exam is over! Have fun with the girls! You need to come up here so Kayla you and me can hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no clue there was a filter like that for Keurig. I NEED IT.

    The get together this weekend sounds SO FUN!

    Congrats on the test being DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a series of FB status comments about NFP.... I used the line "Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder." Not really snarky, but you can use it if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, my QT#7 is about being excited to go camping this weekend. Go figure. :)

    Congraaaaats on the exam being over! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for that test being over! Now you can relax with us tomorrow night! It will be nice to "meet" you again... without being rushed or blocking pew traffic like that one time at St. Agnes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - LOVE #7!!!

    So jealous for your meet up with Maggie and Michelle - have fun!!!

    Yay for being through your boards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, is that what being outdoorsy is about? No wonder people seem to like it so much---I'm in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you can take a breath now that you have that exam out of the way! Also, I'm a wee bit jealous that you have a CathSorority date! I need to find me some sisters in my neck of the woods. Post about it so we can all smile and be envious at the same time!

    Jenna
    callherhappy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments so if you've got something to add please don't hesitate. Also, I don't require that you agree with me but I would appreciate if you're nice. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...