Thursday, February 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes #24

--- 1 ---
I went to the screening of a new movie last night. It's called October Baby and it tells the story of a woman who finds outs she's an abortion survivor. It's a Christian film, made by the people who did Fireproof, Courageous, and the likes but it is not overtly Christian. That's something that always worries me when a movie is trying to go mainstream. It also is considerably better than Fireproof. The movie is artistically beautiful and carries a very powerful message. I highly recommend you go see it when it comes out in March.
  

--- 2 ---
The #iuseNFP hashtag is still going strong on Twitter. Kayla over at Alluring World had the brilliant idea to add the tag to already popular tags that are trending. Like this:

#honestynight - the truth is, hormonal birth control is bad for you &  empowers you to understand your own body. That's why 
#RealLoveIsWhen you can talk about mucus. 
I hope my kids will say #IGoToASchool where they teach us the natural law, and now #IWANTtouseNFP

Feel free to join in on the fun and tweet out why you use NFP. It's sure to get a retweet or two and you'll probably gain some new NFP connections. Win win right?
--- 3 ---
How was everyone's Valentine's Day? Did you get everything you wanted? Did your gifts go over well? Mine did. I went the super romantic route and headed to the liquor store day of and bought Steven a handle of Wild Turkey. He was thrilled. He got me a set of wine glasses (and some wine to put in them), a massage, and roses. Technically the roses were from Jack though. (Yes he's thoughtful enough to get me a gift and card from Jack because I'm crazy and would be upset if he didn't.)

--- 4 ---
Lent is just around the corner (which is friggin' nuts) so if you haven't started thinking about what you're going to give up, now's the time. I think I've decided to do Adoration twice a week. I'm not humble enough to do food ones without being vain. I know not everyone who gives up chocolate, fast food, or other unhealthy stuff is doing it to lose weight but I'm not able to do that. Anyways, whatever you do I'll leave you with some advice one of my non-Catholic friends told me on Holy Thursday:

"Thanks for not pissing and moaning about whatever it was you gave up for Lent this year. Nobody likes that."
--- 5 ---
Speaking of advice, I'm looking for some. Head over to my post from Wednesday about rebranding NFP and leave me any advice you have. So far I've gotten some really great feedback but I'm always looking for more. I'm thinking about actually doing something with your advice so your effort sharing it won't be in vain.
--- 6 ---
What's that you ask? What exactly am I going to do with this info? Well I figure I could advertise for NFP. So anything you suggest I'm going to try my damnedest to incorporate into my blog. Also something I thought of a while ago but was affirmed on Twitter this week is to do a blog button. I want to button to lead back to a really great informative site about NFP so if you have one let me know. Also I'm thinking about what these should say. I'm thinking two styles: 1) straightforward and 2) cheeky. Here are my ideas so far:

Straight Forward- I use NFP.
Cheeky- We do it every night...Chart.

Well that's all I've thought of so far. If you have ideas send them my way. Thanks all!
--- 7 ---

Friday Funny: I'm surprised every time I come home and Jack hasn't done this.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my...Lent. How is it that it came so fast this time? I suppose I'm always saying that. In the end though...it's sooooooo good for me. Ready for it. I love what your friends said though...and I will keep my bitching and moaning to a minimum, I promise ;)

    Have a great day! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got David a card from Lucia, his little Valentine. I know it's not exactly the same thing as from a dog, but it's pretty close (I'm sure you think of Jack as your baby anyway!). Growing up We've always gotten presents from our dogs. I'm not exactly sure what all my guests thought when I got a bridal shower and baby shower gift from our dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha my cousin got a bridal shower gift from her Dog too :) he loves gifts at xmas he sits under the tree for "santa" lol

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I completely forgot to comment about the movie. I looked into the dates (because you tweeted about it) and there was one in my area, but we couldn't really go with the baby. I'm glad it was good, and I look forward to seeing it eventually when it's out on video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to join the Twitter trending, but haven't been sure how to word anything since I do not use NFP and #IfIEverGetMarriedIWillUseNFP is too long. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wild Turkey! ha ha ha. I love it! I have my husband a telescope and he gave me fancy new kitchen knives and a cool magnetic strip to hang them on, and we went to Ruth's Chris and had a fancy dinner. Great night. Once he cleans the dog poo out of the back yard, we're going to have hot dogs and smores and look at the planets and whatnot with the telescope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - I LOVE the cheeky one. Almost spit my cheerios on my lapttop from laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is Jack!?! And that last photo could so be Mei Mei (if left totally alone, without our other dog, she actually busts out of her crate!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really know how I ended up on your site..but I am glad i did! It is beautiful to see young people embrace the beauty and intelligence of NFP! And I have not yet heard of this movie..but we will certainly watch and promote it!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quick takes, as always. Your Valentine's day was priceless. Enjoy the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a Blog button that had #iUseNFP in it would be cool. I'll see what I can think of tomorrow :)

    My cats HATE the blinds and always mess them up so they can look out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you liked October Baby. I want to go see it, but Fireproof was so cheesy that I wasn't sure how this one would turn out. The preview looks so good!

    Thank you for the mention! You are so creative with the tweets, everytime I see one of your #iusenfp tweets tagging in with a trending tag, I want to retweet it lol. Eventually all my posts might just be retweets of yours and Kates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I don't have a dog but I laughed at #7! I will have to give that movie a try; I liked fireproof. So cool that your hashtag is spreading so well! I LOVE #RealLove is when you talk about mucus #IuseNFP <-- absolutely perfect!!


    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to see that movie.

    And I just left a way too long comment in your combox on your other post. tee-hee. Sorry about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. #1 -- I'm so EXCITED to see this movie! Thanks for the preview!!!
    #3 -- My cat lays just this way like Jack does. Maybe he thinks he's a dog? :-)
    #6 -- "Cheeky- We do it every night...Chart." LOL :-) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both dog pictures = awesomeness

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments so if you've got something to add please don't hesitate. Also, I don't require that you agree with me but I would appreciate if you're nice. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...