1) I love to spoil Jack but dog treats can be so expensive so I've learned how to make my own. Jack seems to like my Peanut Butter Poppers the best. I make a double batch and they last us a few months. Plus I know exactly what he's eating and can make them the size that's just right for Jack.
|These are not mine. They look way better than mine did.|
2) Last week I mentioned that I love doing laundry and part of the reason was because of the detergent. My friend Hilary and I made a batch of the Duggar's recipe for homemade laundry detergent to split (it makes 10 gallons.) It is by far the best smelling detergent I have ever used and it's so cheap and easy to make. We made our 10 gallons for about $1.50 total and it's enough to do 640 loads.
|The soap you put in the detergent to make it smell so amazing.|
3) Earlier this year we bought a house that has a pretty large back yard but doesn't have any patio area at all. We had a grill and furniture but no where to put it so we called a concrete guy to get an estimate on how much it would cost to get a patio. It would have been over a thousand dollars so we decided to go a different way. We bought some bricks on Craigslist and Steven went to work. We're not done yet but I love it already. Plus we're making it twice as big as we originally planned and we're doing it for about a third of the price not to mention adding a firepit and retaining wall.
|Partially done patio.|
|Thank you, Mr. Chicken|
6) Vinegar. You can use vinegar to clean almost anything! I use it as part of a jewelry cleaner, to clean my coffee pot, to clean the bathroom, pretty much I use it on everything. My new favorite is to put it in my dishwasher in place of Jet Dry.
7) I saved my favorite for last and I'm sure you could have guessed it: NFP. Totally natural, free, and easy to use, what more could I ask for? I don't ever have to go to the doctor to get my 'baby-proofing'* needs taken care of nor do I have to put a bunch of carcinogenic chemicals in my body. Plus I get all the benefits of experiencing the true blessing of life-giving love.
Those are my 7 Quick Takes! Check out more at Conversion Diary!
* Baby-proofing is not my term but one that I hear very often in clinic, especially with Depo-Provera shots.